TEAM SPIRIT



This shoot was 3 years in the making - quite the tease, if you ask me. Gillian and I have known each other since our formative blogging years and we've talked about working together numerous times, but these talks always ended up with ceaseless apologies and maybe next times. I'm so glad she indulged me in my vision of something sporty/casual chic and then managed to totally blow me away when she styled outfits that skyrocket beyond my expectations. Sporty and Gillian is not a match that you would expect, not a very By Details look, but nevertheless, she nailed it completely and even effortlessly threw in a touch of edgy and elegance as well. 

For both Gillian and I, 2015 is all about moving out of our comforts zones and venturing into the world of versatility and our collaborations is the first step to achieving that goal. Although, I still find myself directing her in more sensual poses, I think I've learned to hold back a little. Subtlety is now my mantra - something I've learned from Gillian herself - it's always the little details that make a big impact on an entire look. What we have is a very carefree relationship that is a result of both our facile temperaments - it is an archetype of sorts for teamwork. In any relationship, work or otherwise, the keyword will always be teamwork, and that, I'd like to think, is what Gillian and I have. 

Cheers to many more projects together!

Model: Gillian Uang of By Details
Hair & Makeup: Gillian Uang
Camera: Canon 7D + Canon 50mm f/1.4



























Set 1: Eunice Sason jacket | Knockaround PH sunnies | Topshop top | Forever 21 shorts and pumps
Set 2: Mango top | Stiles Clothing pants | Schutz heels c/o Shopbop
Set 3: Lets Stylize top | Forever 21 blazer | Jeffrey Campbell booties



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About


It is the creative life of photographer Toni Marie, it is a representation of light and beauty through her eyes. Here at Miss Marie, we strongly believe that the best of photos are those that tell stories.

Instagram: @missmarie.ph

About

For inquiries, bookings, collaborations, sponsorships or just to say hi, drop me a line via the contact form above.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *